Monday, July 3, 2017

From the Writer's Desk -- Looking Ahead to July


 July brings parades, picnics, family get togethers, and fireworks. If you live in the northern part of the Northern Hemisphere it means that the summer is almost over and fall will be here before you know. Before the month is out the stores will have their back to school merchandise covering the floors.  This year my neighborhood instituted a firework ban on anything that left the ground. As a result, it's been quiet around here, which I'm grateful for.

I have projects I need to finish this month, starting with my latest book. I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the month, that means I really need to not miss any writing days. I've missed 4 out of the last 20, which isn't too bad. 1 day I simply didn't feel like it, 1 I was dealing with something that took prescience. Yesterday, I woke up with a headache and this morning, R went to see their godparents.

My big goal is to finish Behind the Masque this month. Other than that, my goal is to write every day. I don't have a daily word count goal at the moment, although ideally I'd like to hit 7,000 words over the next 7 days. There is some non-writing stuff I need to do to, but that shouldn't take too much time. Since I have no plans for the Fourth, I will hopefully get some writing done.

Blessings,
Simone.


No comments: