Friday, March 14, 2014

It's Friday!!

It's Friday!! Which is great, except I work on Sunday, so this is my Saturday. Which is also okay.  Monday is my birthday, it's supposed to be a mile-stone, but I don't feel that age, so it's not a big deal. I don't think it is.

So, in November I got a day job. And it's a good thing, because I can write without a lot of stress. I like where I work. I really like the fact that since I've started I've lost 35 pounds. I've dropped 4 sizes and I'm loving it. I feel so much better. My job is physical (I walk all day long 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and am constantly lifting something) which is good, but I also went to a 'real food' diet. Meaning - did it have a mama? Did it come from a garden? Then it's probably okay to eat. It does mean I don't eat at fast food or out of a box/bag if I don't have to. I also drink less pop. Which is really good.

This really feels like the winter that won't end. More than a few people are done with it. We've gotten something like 10 feet of snow. Which I can believe as it's still 3 foot deep in my front yard. You could lose a Hobbit in the back. This last snow fall after two days in the 40's F made driving to work interesting. Like driving in the mud four-wheeling interesting. Slip and slide all over the place. But it was beautiful. It took me an hour to get to work that morning. The next morning, it also took me an hour to get to work, but for a totally different reason.


I stopped, turned around found a place to park and walked back to the park/river area to take pictures. I was up to my butt in snow and completely not prepared for it, but this was gorgeous.

I stopped two more times and took over a 100 pictures. This is one of the other places I stopped. I want to repeat the shots in the spring, summer, and fall then compare them.



I still want spring to be here now, but I have to admit, the snow covered trees are gorgeous, even if I can't get out of my driveway.

No comments: