Wednesday, April 10, 2019

What I'm Reading -- Audio Books

I have a love hate relationship with audio books. I'm hard of hearing. This makes listening to audio books a challenge. Depending on the audio quality as well as the narrator's voice, I may not be able to hear the story. The only way I can listen to them is with my headphones and the volume cranked all the way up. I'm fine with that. I am bummed that there are some really good books that I can't listen to because I can't understand what is being said.

Last fall I decided to try a subscription to Audible. Free trial period. The monthly fee is just about $15 and I basically get 3 books a month for that. The best part for me is that there is a sample that I can play before I buy to see if I can understand the narrator.

One of the cool things I found is that there are The Great Courses lectures available. I love learning new things. I've listened to the one on "Espionage" twice. And I just finished listening to "The Other Side of History", which was fascinating.

I've just started listening to "A Chip In His Shoulder" by L.A. Witt. You can get from Audible here. So far, I'm enjoying it.

What are you reading or listening to?
Simone.



No comments: