Monday, February 12, 2018

From the Writer's Desk - Is It Spring Yet?

I am so ready for spring! It's interesting. I don't have a diagnosis for Seasonal Affected Disorder (S.A.D). I know people who do, but I know this weekend I was definitely after some natural light.
The fact that 2 feet of snow fell in just about 24 hours sucked, but I don't think it had anything to do with needing natural light. 

I have crappy windows in my house that let the wind in, so every fall I cover them with plastic, then I hang blankets over them followed by curtains. So, for pretty much the entire winter, there is no natural light in my house.

Both on Saturday and Sunday, I threw the blankets over the curtain rods and opened the curtains. I at least got filtered natural light.

I had a long, productive weekend. Friday, I took the day off from the day job for appointments. I decided to teach myself to knit. Saturday, I spent cleaning and decluttering and helping R with Algebra homework. Sunday, I stitched and shoveled. Sunday night, I finally wrote.  I wrote 834 words in an hour and 15 minutes.  That was the extent of my writing and writing related activities for the week. Well, that and deciding I need my current WIP finished by February 21st, so I can submit it by my birthday in March.

My goals this week are unchanged, because I didn't meet them last week.

* Write 15 minutes EVERY day
* Work on the Smuggler's Cove Story Bible - 2 hours.

Whatever yours goals this week, I hope you are successful.

Blessings,
Simone.


No comments: