Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Book Report -- New Additions

I was all set to start reading Stephen Covey's The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, but the library wanted their book back, so it's now on my list of books to buy.  I'm looking forward to reading it and it's companion piece, The 8th Habit .


For now though, I'm reading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.  



A conversation with my friends Ara and Menina revealed a lack of knowledge of classics.  I was aware that Disney has long made classic stories into movies, but I wasn't aware that one of my favorites, The Black Arrow, was one of those.  Apparently, there are a couple of different versions, but the Disney version is the only I've seen.  Unfortunately, it is not one of those that has been released on DVD or re-released on VHS.  Copies are available for a small fortune. That sucks.  It would be interesting to see if I still thought the movie was as good as I remember it. But, I did find out that the movie is based on the book, The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stephenson. 


Disney's Kidnapped with James MacArthur from 1960 was also a favorite of mine.  The movie is also based on a Robert Louis Stephenson Novel.  So, I had a coupon and splurged and picked up this copy of The Black Arrow and this copy of Kidnapped .




No comments: