Thursday, November 19, 2009

Catching Up!!!!



I know, I've been a bad blogger lately. It's been nuts in my house. Midterms and papers had to be done. Bug went to school camp with her class and two other schools and while I missed her something awful, I wasn't bored. Tired, though.

A bunch of my friends and I got together and decorated plain white baseball caps with ribbon, buttons, pompoms, paint, markers and glitter then we stitched fleece on the inside to line it and gave them to children's cancer center near our school.

Then the school had a military appreciation hockey team and we collected items to put in care packages to send to the troops overseas. There were people in uniform representing all the branches and kids from the local youth auxiliaries. And an honor guard.

On November 10th, the US Marine Corps turned 234th. Wish your favorite Marine a late happy birthday!

On Veterans Day we relayed the flag from our school to the national cemetery 17ish miles away. Fun but tiring, because there was a pig roast afterward and a late dinner at Applebees.

In the midst of all that I was working on a Valentine's Book - To Love Again - but it didn't turn out as light as I wanted it too. The guys told me their story and refused to budge on it. Ugh. But it's done. And I finished my edits for the first Smugglers' Cove Book - Knight of Pleasure. YEAH!!!!

Now, so I don't get bored again before it's time for finals and graduation and applying to grad school, I've started on another book. Well two of them - The second Smugglers' Cove Book and the first in another series.

No comments: