Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oops

It's been a couple of weeks since I did little more than pop in and out. Oops.

I don't know who said this first or if there is anyone that you can attribute this remark to but really - thanks! I was in class and we were discussing the education, roles, and rights of women in early US history. And some brillant teenager brought up the fact that as more women go to college, the higher the divorce rate. Yup, it's that easy. The prof, bless him, said it's not the simple, its more complex than that. And I said something equally brilliant like "well, duh" which apparently my prof has eagle ears because I didn't say real loud, not even in a loud whisper, but a true whisper. And he says care to explain. So I said yeah, I'm divorced. Then he asked if it was possible for me to give the reasons for my divorce. That is a topic I don't generally go into but I did come up with the best answer:

"Aside from the fact that he thought he was God and I disagreed -" which brought much laughing from the teens and prof in the class "he thought women should be barefoot and pregnant and not as well educated as women. I disagreed."

Divorce - any divorce - is rarely that simple, but it worked for the situation covering a wide array of topics that I didn't really want to go into - so whoever should get the credit for

"He thought he was God and I disagreed" - thank you. Perfect timing there.

In other news:

I got the cover for Finding Love and will share that with you soon and I joined Dakota Rebel and Brynn Paulin at Carol Lynne's Reader's Weekend in Kansas City.

No comments: