Friday, January 13, 2017

Random Hobbies --- Cross Stitching...

I have several hobbies -- cross stitching, quilting, sewing, crocheting, genealogy, baking...there are more, I'm sure, I'm just not remembering at the moment.  Cross Stitching is the one I'm spending the most time on right now.  I'm participating in a challenge geared towards finishing WIPs.

The top picture is one I finished in December - it is the "2011 Violet-Crowned Hummingbird" from the Crossed Wing Collection. It is stitched on a hand-dyed 28ct Linen called Storm by Crossed Wing Collection.



 This is the model for "The Storyteller" by Teresa Wentzler 






















I'm stitching it on 28 Count Cashel Linen in Jamaica Sunset by Silkweaver Fabrics












I was given my first Heaven and Earth Designs chart for the Holidays along with the flosses I needed for it.  This is "So Many Books So Little Time" artwork by Randal Spangler, charted by Heaven and Earth Designs.


This is being stitched on 25 count Lugana in Antique White

















I started this when I still lived in Okinawa, where R was born.  This Flower Faerie by Barbara Baatz.  
















  I'm stitching it on a 28 Count Linen - I don't remember the color.  It was whatever they had in a tube on base.













I take about an hour or so after dinner and stitch before I start writing -- at least that is the plan.  Everyone needs something that helps them relieve stress, this is one of mine.  What is really cool is that technology has been new designers, as well as hand-dyed fabrics and flosses, easily accessible.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Simone.  






No comments: