Monday, April 8, 2019

Spring Is Here!

It's April, and in Michigan that generally means that spring is here. And not just because the calendar says so. The weather warms up, although there is always a chance of an unexpected ice or snow storm. But the sun is out more often and it's lighter longer.

Last year, in May, I talked to my counselor about things I hadn't told anyone else. It's been a very long, very difficult time as I've tried to process things and have begun to heal. What I've realized lately is how hard of a time I have managing everything. I'm developing new skills and taking a step back from things. Which has been very freeing, even if it's been difficult.

I've been working on the edits for Behind the Masque for several months, and every time I think I'm finished, I read or listen to another bit of craft advice that has me questioning what I've written so far in an attempt to make it better. I'm hoping it will be ready to submit by the end of May. It needs edits and both beta and sensitivity readers. I want to make sure I get things right.


No comments: