Friday, April 12, 2019

Self Care And Weekend Plans

Mental Illness and neurological disorders affects 1 in 4 people according to a 2001 article from the World Health Organization. Self care is part of mental health. But, really, even those who don't have some form of mental health, either diagnosed or not, can benefit from self-care. Taking care of ourselves helps us interact with our friends and family and the world in general, better. A form of self-care for one of my best friends is tinkering in office-work room or playing video games.

This weekend is dinner at my mom's, which I don't mind, but it's with my siblings and assorted guests, which is stressful. So, while I do plan on finishing this current round of edits this weekend, I also plan on sewing. I have a quilt that I need to finish quilting and several blocks for new quilts I want to complete. I'm participating in a quilt challenge from Northcott Fabrics for their Stonehenge fabrics, which are some of my favorites. I have a couple of road trips planned for this summer so I can hit some of the quilt stores in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.


No comments: