Monday, April 16, 2018

Work-Life Balance

The best bosses I've had at the day job understand and practice a work-life Balance. Even when pursuing a dream, that work-life balance is necessary. As writers, it's easy to forget that we need to balance work - our writing and life - time with friends, family, pets. There is also the underlying guilt that accompanies that time - I should be writing or a good writer is always writing or thinking about writing.

This past weekend has been sort of a forced re-balancing. Because if you don't re-balance willingly, your mind and body will make you. One way or the other. I had every intention of writing Saturday - because I really do like seeing all of the boxes filled in. But I didn't. I stitched. I crocheted. Then I babied my arm and shoulder for the rest of the weekend. I may have partially torn something - muscle/tendon/ligament deal - in my arm. Which means repetitive motion hurts. A Lot. Sunday was spent being nice to my arm and pouting because I couldn't do any of the things I find relaxing. I did write for about 15 minutes before I went to bed last night.

I'm hopeful that this means good things ahead for me.

Blessings,
Simone.

No comments: