Monday, February 26, 2018

From The Writer's Desk -- Almost March!

The temperatures are starting to warm up and stay up. It's still probably a little early, which mean summer could really suck this year. The warm weather means we've gotten rain instead of snow and the snow we did have has melted. The city has parts that are flooded because the rivers and creeks are over flowing.

So, over the last two weeks, I have written about 450 words. in 1.5 hours. I do have a section to add. And figure out how I'm going to do a couple of things. I may be rewriting part of a scene to make everything work before I continue on with the story. I have my notes for revisions when I begin those. Then it will be out to beta readers before submitting it to my publisher.

I had every intention of finishing my WIP by February 21st, because I want it done. It's taking me long enough to write. Oi. But, between having to work late and home stuff that simply didn't happen. Hopefully, in March I can take back my writing time. I liked writing on my lunch break, but sometimes I need to do something else because the stress level keep rising. My laptop also doesn't travel anymore. I don't mind writing long hand, it's a nice change, but some of the story on the computer and some in a notebook makes continuity more challenging.

So my goal for March is to Finish Behind the Masque.  

My goals for this week:
* Write 15 minutes a day
* Spend 2 hours on research for BTM.


I hope you're successful at your goals this week.

Simone.

No comments: