Thursday, August 11, 2011

Author's After Dark - Wednesday Recap

We left Michigan at 1am in order to make it to the hotel by 3pm. It's a 12 1/2 hour drive and well, you have to stop and eat, walk around and do the restroom thing.

There are workshops, panels, and editor/agent interviews, but it's also pretty much a big party for readers. This is my first conference as an author, and I'm super geeked.

For the record - the Appalachians or whatever mountain range we crossed was absolutely beautiful and I'm freaking thrilled to death I did not have to make that trip on horseback, foot, or covered wagon before 'civilization' crawled through. Beautiful though, stunning. Camera was safely in the trunk - not a smart place for it to be.

After walking through Philly for about an hour, we ended up having dinner at Tavern On Broad - I had the Philly Cheesesteak - was good - huge - good price too. I live in a city, not a big city by any means, what I've seen in Philly would never happen in either of the cities I've lived in Michigan. Right next to upscale restaurants, Starbucks and miscellaneous stores are adult 'gift' stores and a BDSM Leather shop. I counted 3 adult stores within a two block walk from the hotel. The traffic sucks though. Couldn't drive in a city like this, I'd probably develop road rage. :)

I haven't seen a lot of Philly, but I LOVE the old architecture of the buildings. The majority of the streets I've seen so far are narrow and one way with bike lanes.

I've met some great people and had dinner with Crymsyn Hart, Shannan Albright, Laura from Topaz Promotions, a wonderful reader named Jill, Bronwyn Green, and Brynn Paulin. I'm looking forward to meeting more great people today.

No comments: