Thursday, June 4, 2009

And That's 3

There was a time not so long ago that my mom would have hesitated to call me and deliver the news that she did today. A time when jealousy and anger would have tried to rear their ugly heads at it. Today, I laughed and I cried and I couldn't be happier.

I have a single biological child, just one. I went through the same drugs these sextuplets and septulets were born on and I got one. There will be no more biological children for me. And now, I'm okay with it, but that time a few years ago when my sister, sister-in-law, and my aunt were all pregnant at the same time - I wasn't. I was still adjusting and accepting.

The news my mom told me today - I'm going to be a GREAT aunt. Yeah, a great aunt - first I'm not really sure I'm old enough for that, but I'm not the grandma so it's better. And that rounds out the pregnancies to a nice even three. THe rule of three. A couple of months ago we found out that my cousin is pregnant by her fiancee (her mom flipped her lid), and I have a really good friend and her husband that are expecting their first.

So, laugh and cry and celebrate with me for the new babies to grace my life!

No comments: